Friday, May 18, 2018

Starting of the New Episode

Hello Readers,
                      Welcome back to my blog. In my first blog I represent myself and now in this blog i want to share my first experience of industrial placement. I got my placement in Allandale Recreation Center in Barrie. This centre consist many recreational activities with each age group and with different activities. There are many activities like fitness activity, childcare, ice skating, aqua therapy and activities for 55+ age group.
                        When I went there for first day, It was my orientation. On that day my mentor took me for campus tour which was awesome and I was very excited to see all activities and feel lucky that I got placement here. There are many facilities situated there like Gym, Swimming pool, Childcare center, Skating ring, Arena, Meeting rooms, Food court. everything is there and it is like complete package for great experience.
                          My center of attraction was activities for 55+ age group. Because when i saw the aged people there i was stunned with their activities and workout. there are many different activities for them which they really enjoy. After watching this i feel pleased, because this is my area of interest. I had experience of work with geriatric patient and i loved that and always want to do it again. Finally, I got that what i want. I also took part in "on the ball" class which was amazing and give me sparkling experience. Instructor was very friendly and taught me very different and interesting activities on stability ball.
                        I feel delightful by getting this work and also stunned with the achievements of athletes from that center. It is very well organized and interesting place from where i am expecting to learn new techniques and experiences. I am also looking forward to get some good experience in swimming as i love swimming and after long time I got opportunity to do that.
                         Life is always about getting new experience and learn new things at every stage. I believe that we have to be ready at every second to learn new things and get exposure to world. I am also ready with this new and exciting opportunity. Because, I believe that Fitness is not the subject to learn theoretically, It is the experience which can be gain practically. So, I am super excited to learn this practical session.
Thank you.
word count:- 317

2 comments:

  1. Hello Annu,
    Firstly i would like to Congratulate you for getting into internship in allandale recreation centre. Your introduction was quite interesting. It was good hearing you first experience at your work place. it must be super exciting to work with a large bunch of people. The activities you mentioned above such as On The Ball, skating and aqua therapy are really worth learning and experiencing. I strongly believe on your point that fitness is not just a subject to get in class and its more about practical experience. Working with 55+ adults would really be an amazing experience and a bit challenging too.I wish you a good luck with your work and waiting to know more about your work place and experiences.
    word count 106

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Annu
    I read your blog and It is very interesting that you shared about your placement in Allandale Recreation Centre. I visited once and I found the most amazing thing that swimming activities. I also find very generous to work with geriatric patients. They are more generous and it is very pleasure to see them doing activities and taking part in different activities. That make me more passionate to do volunteering and take parts in events for geriatric population. Allandale recreation have very good opportunity and have very wonderful events for everyone. The swimming activities are my favorite and I also enjoy to do swimming.
    I am agree with you that life is always about to get new experiences. These experiences teach us how to live life and teaches lessons that are very helpful in every stage of life.
    Hope you have a great weekend. Thank you for sharing this experience.
    word count: 152

    ReplyDelete